Gulf Shores is a coastal city in Baldwin County, Alabama. Gulf Shores is located on the Gulf of Mexico.] It is served by Alabama State Route 59 (Gulf Shores Parkway), which leads north to Foley. Route 182 (Beach Boulevard) runs east-west along the shore front, while Route 180 (Fort Morgan Road) runs parallel to it, north of Little Lagoon. Gulf State Park occupies a large eastern part of the city.
Like many coastal communities, tourism plays a major role in the local economy of Gulf Shores. Gulf Shores is a favorite for snowbirds who enjoy the beautiful white sandy beaches and mild winter temperatures. Ocean fishing, beaches, boating cruises, and especially golf are major draws for the area. Chartered fishing boats and cruise boats for sunsets, dinner cruises, dolphin watching, and watersports embark regularly, and the area is home to two of the top-rated golf resorts in Alabama – Craft Farms and Kiva Dunes. There are a total of nine signature golf clubs, as well as a state-owned 18-hole course. Other popular attractions include the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo (as featured in Animal Planet’s “The Little Zoo that Could”); Pelican Place at Craft Farms, a shopping mall; and Waterville USA, a family amusement/waterpark. The city is home to an annual three-day music festival on the beach each May, the Hangout Music Festival.
When you’re looking to buy or sell Gulf Shores Real Estate give Bob a call!
Gulf Shores Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Gulf Shores
- 469 E 2ND AVE GULF SHORES, AL 36542
- 2277 OYSTER BAY LN, Unit #504 GULF SHORES, AL 36542
- 1304 W FAIRWAY DR GULF SHORES, AL 36542
- 21379 COTTON CREEK DR GULF SHORES, AL 36542
- 3665 JORDAN CT GULF SHORES, AL 36542
- 5781 HWY 180, Unit #6003 GULF SHORES, AL 36542
- 5781 HWY 180, Unit #4008 GULF SHORES, AL 36542
- MLS # 560602 GULF SHORES, AL 36542
Walk Score for Gulf Shores
Gulf Shores School Data
Gulf Shores School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
Gulf Shores Schools
- Gulf Shores Middle School
- 7-8, public
- Gulf Shores High School
- 8-12, public
- Gulf Shores Elementary School
- K-6, public
- Grace Christian Academy
- PK-7, private
- The Academy of Arts and Science
- PK-6, private
- South Baldwin Christian Academy
- PK-12, private